All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis colorful math book introduces a vel visual method for students to master their conversions between fractions, decimals, and percentages. The creative design helps to engage student interest, while the visual layout ties into one of the current pedagogical drives in education - namely, to use visual strategies since research has shown them to be effective learning tools. These visual problems also help to develop visual skills. This volume focuses on the following basic skills: -Converting from fractions to decimals and percents. -Converting from decimals to fractions and percents. -Converting from percents to fractions and decimals. -Converting fractions into repeating decimals and percents. -Converting repeating decimals into fractions and percents. The back of the book features a table of answers to help students check that they are practicing correct techniques (or it may serve as a grading key for teachers or parents). The book begins with a concise explanation of the concepts with some examples to serve as a guide. The first page of each section includes antated instructions that explain how to solve the problems. Studying the examples and checking the answers to the first page of each part will help students become confident that they understand what to do. The interior is printed in full color with aesthetic visual patterns. The 8 x 10 pages are nearly the same size as standard school papers that students are used to working with. Each problem includes its own dedicated workspace. The workspaces encourage students to show their work, and the symmetrical structure of the workspaces shows students how to organize their work in neat columns. The copyright tice permits parents/teachers who purchase one copy to make photocopies for their own children/students only. This is very convenient if you have multiple children/students or if a child/student needs additional practice. Teachers may also wish to display these colorful problems using a projective camera or a transparency overhead projector.
- Author BiographyChris McMullen is a physics instructor at Northwestern State University of Louisiana. He earned his Ph.D. in phenomenological high-energy physics (particle physics) from Oklahoma State University in 2002. Originally from California, he earned his Master's degree from California State University, Northridge, where his thesis was in the field of electron spin resonance. As a physics teacher, Dr. McMullen observed that many students lack fluency in fundamental math skills. In an effort to help students of all ages and levels master basic math skills, he published the Improve Your Math Fluency Series of math workbooks on arithmetic, fractions, and algebra. He also published two series of color math workbooks - pyramid math books and radial math books - which are more visual and creative.
- Author(s)Chris McMullen Ph D
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication27/01/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statementannotated edition
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $81.80Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $48.43Trending at AU $51.48
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $18.96
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $18.81
- AU $30.71Trending at AU $33.58
- AU $43.01Trending at AU $49.20
- AU $28.23Trending at AU $28.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.