All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $28.01
About this product
- DescriptionHere is a fresh, astute social and cultural history of physics, from ancient Greece to our own time. From its inception, Margaret Wertheim shows, physics has been an overwhelmingly male-dominated activity; she argues that gender inequity in physics is a result of the religious origins of the enterprise. Pythagoras' Trousers is a highly original history of one of science's most powerful disciplines. It is also a passionate argument for the need to involve both women and men in the process of shaping the techlogies from the next generation of physicists.
- Author BiographyMargaret Wertheim is a science journalist and commentator and author of the book Pythagoras' Trousers.
- Author(s)Margaret Wertheim
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication15/09/1997
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Out-of-print date29/12/2009
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight280 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.