Python Text Processing with NLTK 2.0 Cookbook: Over 80 Practical Recipes for Using Python's NLTK Suite of Libraries to Maximize Your Natural Language Processing Capabilities by Jacob Perkins (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $66.19Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $29.05Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe learn-by-doing approach of this book will enable you to dive right into the heart of text processing from the very first page. Each recipe is carefully designed to fulfill your appetite for Natural Language Processing. Packed with numerous illustrative examples and code samples, it will make the task of using the NLTK for Natural Language Processing easy and straightforward. This book is for Python programmers who want to quickly get to grips with using the NLTK for Natural Language Processing. Familiarity with basic text processing concepts is required. Programmers experienced in the NLTK will also find it useful. Students of linguistics will find it invaluable.
- Author BiographyJacob Perkins has been an avid user of open source software since high school, when he first built his own computer and didn't want to pay for Windows. At one point he had 5 operating systems installed, including RedHat Linux, OpenBSD, and BeOS. While at Washington University in St. Louis, Jacob took classes in Spanish, poetry writing, and worked on an independent study project that eventually became his Master's Project: WUGLE - a GUI for manipulating logical expressions. In his free time, he wrote the Gnome2 version of Seahorse (a GUI for encryption and key management), which has since been translated into over a dozen languages and is included in the default Gnome distribution. After getting his MS in Computer Science, Jacob tried to start a web development studio with some friends, but since no-one knew anything about web development, it didn't work out as planned. Once he'd actually learned web development, he went off and co-founded another company called Weotta, which sparked his interest in Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing. Jacob is currently the CTO / Chief Hacker for Weotta and blogs about what he's learned along the way at http://streamhacker.com/. He is also applying this knowledge to produce text processing APIs and demos at http://text-processing.com/. This book is a synthesis of his knowledge on processing text using Python, NLTK, and more.
- Author(s)Jacob Perkins
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication11/11/2010
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight474 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.