All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
About this product
- DescriptionPython is a free, open source, easy-to-use software tool that offers a significant alternative to proprietary packages such as MATLAB(R) and Mathematica(R). This book covers everything the working scientist needs to kw to start using Python effectively. The author explains scientific Python from scratch, showing how easy it is to implement and test n-trivial mathematical algorithms and guiding the reader through the many freely available add-on modules. A range of examples, relevant to many different fields, illustrate the program's capabilities. In particular, readers are shown how to use pre-existing legacy code (usually in Fortran77) within the Python environment, thus avoiding the need to master the original code. Instead of exercises the book contains useful snippets of tested code which the reader can adapt to handle problems in their own field, allowing students and researchers with little computer expertise to get up and running as soon as possible.
- Author BiographyJohn M. Stewart is Emeritus Reader in Gravitational Physics at the University of Cambridge, and a Life Fellow at King's College, Cambridge.
- Author(s)John M. Stewart
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication10/07/2014
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note36 b/w illus.
- Weight480 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.