All listings for this product
Save on Other
- AU $4.06Trending at AU $7.17
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $15.84Trending at AU $20.82
About this product
- DescriptionAcademic readiness Q: Skills for Success Second Edition helps students to get ready for academic success. Enhanced skills support provides four extra pages of reading or listening comprehension in every unit, deepening students' understanding of the unit topic and better preparing them for the unit assignment. A greater variety of activities encourages students to use critical thinking skills, such as making inferences or synthesizing information from different texts. Video in every unit adds a new dimension to the course, and provides an additional springboard for students to think critically. The documentary-style videos use material from the BBC and CBS, providing authentic, high-interest input related to the unit topic. In the Listening and Speaking strand, the new te-taking skills section provides focused practice on this essential skill in every unit. And the writing syllabus in Reading and Writing has been extended and improved to help students progress from writing coherent sentences to structuring a full essay. The new online Writing Tutor supports students to write independently. Vocabulary from the Oxford 3000 and Academic Word List is highlighted to help students focus on the most relevant words they need to learn. Measurable progress The Second Edition has an increased focus on measuring student progress. The new progress bar and clearly stated unit objectives motivate students to achieve their language learning goals. Students and teachers can also track their progress online, with new achievement badges that reward students as they complete the online activities. Blended learning Q: Skills for Success Second Edition is designed for blended learning. Online content on iQ Online is integrated with the Student Book, with clear signposting to guide students' learning. The online content is easy to manage, simple to use, and has been researched, developed and tested to fit the needs of English language teachers and learners. iQ Online features between 15-18 activities for every unit, including video, grammar and vocabulary games, and alternate unit assignments, as well as a range of tools to encourage student communication, including the online Discussion Board and email. For the teacher iTools Online is an all-in-one classroom presentation tool that allows teachers to project pages from the Student Book, play video and audio, and interact with the page.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication05/02/2015
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight256 g
- Width204 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.