All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.82Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionThe Parting of the Ways between Jews and Christians has only recently been extended to the question as to whether the Gospel Source Q still has to be considered Jewish . Especially the question of polemics seems to be crucial: Does the polemical language in Q indicate a past rupture between Q-people and Jews? Apocalyptic groups in early Judaism adopted a very polemical language of judgement, exclusion and condemnation of rival Jewish competitors and highlight the conception of the eschatological damnation of a part of Israel. Thus, polemics in Q could also be interpreted as an inner-Jewish struggle for the true apocalyptic interpretation of the Torah rather than as an already completed Parting of the Ways .
- Author BiographyProf. Dr. Markus Tiwald studied Catholic Theology in Vienna (Austria), Lyon (France), and Jerusalem (Israel). Since 2009 he is a professor of New Testament at the University of Duisburg-Essen (Germany).
- PublisherV&R unipress GmbH
- Date of Publication30/08/2015
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleBonner Biblische Beitrage
- Series Part/Volume Number172
- Place of PublicationGottingen
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintV&R unipress GmbH
- Weight263 g
- Width160 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byMarkus Tiwald
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.