Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionQI the Pocket Book of Animals is John Lloyd and John Mitchinson's funny, eccentric and confounding handbook filled with interesting animal facts and figures. Join the QI team for an off-road safari into the wildlife, past one hundred of the most unusual members of the animal kingdom, armed with illuminating illustrations and diagrams by award-winning artist Ted Dewan. Amongst the weird, wonderful and really quite interesting animal facts, meet albatrosses that fly n-stop for ten years, leeches with 34 brains, koalas that don't drink, geese that mourn their dead and lobsters that live for a century. Marvel at elephants that walk on tiptoe, pigs that shine in the dark, and woodpeckers that have ears on the end of their tongues. Collected by the writers of the hit BBC show, QI, and authors of the international bestsellers The Book of General Igrance and 1,227 QI Facts To Blow Your Socks Off, QI The Pocket Book of Animals is an animal encyclopedia that even David Attenborough would learn something from. And remember - everything you think you kw is wrong.
- Author BiographyJohn Lloyd CBE devised The News Quiz and To the Manor Born for radio and Not The Nine O'Clock News, Spitting Image and Blackadder for television. John Mitchinson has been both bookseller and publisher and looked after authors as diverse as Haruki Murakami, The Beatles and a woman who knitted with dog hair. Together they are in charge of research for the hit BBC show QI, and have written many bestselling books, including such titles as The Book of General Ignorance, 1,227 QI Facts To Blow Your Socks Off and most recently, 1,411 QI Facts To Knock You sideways.
- Author(s)John Lloyd,John Mitchinson,QI
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication21/05/2009
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight136 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- warrell-davies02 Feb, 2017by
Review of "The QI book of Animals"
This is a book written in convenient bite size units; not for a long read but just the thing for breakfast in bed if the dailies haven't arrived. One can feel the QI idiom and almost hear the voices of Stephen Fry and Alan Davies. All power to the elves and John and John.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New