All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionQigong massage has been used in China for thousands of years as a means to achieve health and wellbeing, and to treat a wide variety of ailments. This book teaches parents a simple qigong massage programme that has been developed specifically for the needs of children with autism spectrum disorders (ASDs). With step-by-step instructions and accompanying downloadable video content demonstrating the technique in action, this book offers parents clear guidance on how to adopt qigong massage into their child's daily routine successfully. The program is based around a core 15 minute massage that, when performed regularly, has been shown to greatly improve mood and behavior, sleeping patterns, and language and social skills. Also included is information on diet, advice on reading a child's body language during massage, and helpful progress checklists. Qigong massage is the ideal therapy for parents looking for an alternative way to strengthen the mind, body and sensory abilities of their young child with autism aged 6 and under. Previously published with a DVD, this material is w available online from www.jkp.com.
- Author BiographyLouisa Silva has a medical degree from the University of California, a Masters in Public Health from the Medical College of Wisconsin, and is a fellow of the American Academy of Medical Acupuncture. She practices medicine in a way that integrates Chinese Medicine with preventive medicine and public health. She is director of the Qigong Sensory Training Institute, Oregon, where she has completed multiple research studies into the effects of qigong massage on young children with autism.
- Author(s)Louisa Silva
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/07/2011
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSinging Dragon
- Content Note17 black and white
- Weight299 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Foreword byAnita Cignolini
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and DVD video
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.