All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $22.94
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an invative attempt to examine and restructure the field of qualitative research methods. It develops a series of rules which t only give qualitative inquiry a firmer methodological grounding but also serve as specific guidelines for the practicing researcher. Additionally, the book situates the conduct of qualitative inquiry the broader framework of epistemological concerns drawn from contemporary debates in the philosophy of science and social science. The book can be used, then, as an in-depth introduction to qualitative research methods as well as a social epistemological foundation for the justification of these methods.
- Author BiographyThe Authors: Steven I. Miller received his Ph.D. from Michigan State University specialising in the sociological and philosophical analysis of educational issues. He is presently Professor in the School of Education, Loyola University, Chicago. The author of four textbooks and numerous journal articles, his research interests include qualitative research methods, policy analysis, and social epistemology. Marcel Fredericks is Professor and Director of the Office of Research in MedicalSociology at the Department of Sociology and Anthropology at Loyola University, Chicago. He was twice awarded the NIH Post-doctoral Fellowship in research and teaching at the Harvard University Medical School. Professor Fredericks has written several books including the landmark study, The Making of a Physician. He has published numerous articles in national and international journals.
- Author(s)Marcel A. Fredericks,Marcel Fredericks,Stephen I Miller,Stephen Ivan Miller
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/1996
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1996
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight250 g
- Edition Statement2nd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.