Qualitative Research Methods in Sport, Exercise and Health: From Process to Product by Brett Smith, Andrew C. Sparkes (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $58.32Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $50.20Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionQualitative forms of inquiry are a dynamic and exciting area within contemporary research in sport, exercise and health. Students and researchers at all levels are w expected to understand qualitative approaches and be able to employ them in their work. In this comprehensive and in-depth introductory text, Andrew C. Sparkes and Brett Smith take the reader on a journey through the entire qualitative research process that begins with the conceptualization of ideas and the planning of a study, moves through the phases of data collection and analysis, and then explains how findings might be represented in various ways to different audiences. Ethical issues are also explored in detail, as well as the ways that the goodness of qualitative research might be judged by its consumers. The book is based on the view that researchers need to make principled, informed and strategic decisions about what, why, when, and how to use qualitative forms of inquiry. The nature of qualitative research is explained in terms of both its core assumptions and what practitioners actually do in the field when they collect data and subject it to analysis. Each chapter is vividly illustrated with cases and examples from published research, to demonstrate different qualitative approaches in action and their relative strengths and weaknesses. The book also extends the boundaries of qualitative research by exploring invative contemporary methodologies and vel ways to report research findings. Qualitative Research Methods in Sport, Exercise and Health is essential reading for any student, researcher or professional who wishes to understand this form of inquiry and to engage in a research project within a sport, exercise or health context.
- Author BiographyAndrew C. Sparkes is Professor of Sport, Physical Activity and Leisure in the Research Institute for Sport, Physical Activity and Leisure at Leeds Metropolitan University, UK.. Brett Smith is Reader in Qualitative Health Research within the Peter Harrison Centre for Disability Sport at Loughborough University, UK. He is Editor-in-Chief of the journal Qualitative Research in Sport, Exercise and Health.
- Author(s)Andrew C. Sparkes,Brett Smith
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/09/2013
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.