All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA who's who of methodologists, this book introduces students to the big picture of qualitative research, teaching both the 'why' and the 'how to' of getting started, selecting a method and conducting research and data analysis. With practical tips, summaries, exercises and further reading, each chapter is like a masterclass from a leading scholar in qualitative research. New to the fourth edition: * A streamlined structure to guide readers step-by-step through the research process * Substantial new section with 4 chapters on how to collect and analyse online data * A new chapter on reflexive ethgraphy * More hands-on advice on how to conduct research at every stage, making this a perfect field handbook * Updated reading lists provide a go-to guide to the literature and help improve citations The most comprehensive qualitative research book available, this is the perfect all-in-one companion for any student embarking on a qualitative research course or project. Available with Perusall-an eBook that makes it easier to prepare for class Perusall is an award-winning eBook platform featuring social antation tools that allow students and instructors to collaboratively mark up and discuss their SAGE textbook. Backed by research and supported by techlogical invations developed at Harvard University, this process of learning through collaborative antation keeps your students engaged and makes teaching easier and more effective. Learn more.
- Author BiographyDavid Silverman is Visiting Professor in the Business School, University of Technology, Sydney, Emeritus Professor in the Sociology Department, Goldsmiths' College and Adjunct Professor in the School of Education, Queensland University of Technology. He has lived in London for most of his life, where he attended Christ's College Finchley and did a BSc (Economics) at the London School of Economics in the 1960s. Afterwards, he went to the USA for graduate work, obtaining an MA in the Sociology Department, University of California, Los Angeles. He returned to LSE to write a PhD on organization theory. This was published as The Theory of Organizations in 1970. Apart from brief spells teaching at UCLA, his main teaching career was at Goldsmiths College. His three major research projects were on decision making in the Personnel Department of the Greater London Council (Organizational Work, written with Jill Jones, 1975), paediatric outpatient clinics (Communication and Medical Practice, 1987) and HIV-test counselling (Discourses of Counselling, 1997). He pioneered a taught MA in Qualitative Research at Goldsmiths in 1985 and supervised around 30 successful PhD students. Since becoming Emeritus Professor in 1999, he has continued publishing methodology books. David regularly runs qualitative research workshops for five universities in Sydney and Brisbane. He has also run workshops for research students in Finland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, France, Sri Lanka and Tanzania. Since 2000, he has done voluntary work with people with dementia. resident in an old people's home Besides all this, David's other interests include classical music, literary fiction, bridge, county cricket and spending time with his grandchildren.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication16/05/2016
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight975 g
- Width186 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byDavid Silverman
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.86Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.