All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionQualitative Research in Sport Management is the first book of its kind to bring together valuable research designs based on extensive research in qualitative research methods across a number of different fields. Research designs from the fields of business, education, cultural studies, media studies, queer studies, sociology and psychology are applied specifically to sport management, taking into account the special features and nuances of this field. In each research design the text provides a concise guide to how each model can first be applied to sport management issues and problems, second, strengthen the research design, and finally, enhance the research process. Each chapter is carefully structured to ensure that key information is easy to locate and remember and includes: Introduction, Objectives, Key Concepts and Terms, and Review and research questions. International case studies, In Profile sections with leading sport management researchers and research briefs are used to illustrate how theory is put into practice. An accompanying website provides powerpoint summaries of each chapter. Please visit: www.textbooks.elsevier.com/9780750685986.
- Author BiographyAllan Edwards is a Faculty member of Griffith University, Gold Coast Campus, Australia and researcher in the Centre for Tourism, Sport and Service Innovation. He has extensive sport industry management experience and has conducted research and consultancy for national and international sport agencies as well as government authorities. Dr Edwards was previously Regional Secretary of the Oceania region and Executive Board Member for the International Council for Health and Physical Education - Sport and Dance (ICHPER-SD) and International Chair of the Sport Management curriculum com. James Skinner is a Professor in the School of Education and Professional Studies, Griffith University. His research focuses on sport and social and cultural change, drugs in sport, sport and educational policy, leadership in sport and education and globalisation studies. He also has a strong interest in the development and application of qualitative and interpretive research designs in sport and has published in this area.
- Author(s)Allan Edwards,James Skinner
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/03/2009
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight975 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.