All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionQuality Activities in Center-Based Programs for Adults with Autism: Moving from Nonmeaningful to Meaningful describes what constitutes meaningful versus npurposeful activities for adults with autism and other severe disabilities in a classroom or center-based program. Then this step-by-step guide presents an evidence-based process for changing npurposeful activities, using behavior analytic research and application. The goal is to help ensure adults with autism and other severe disabilities are engaged in week-day activities that truly enhance their income-earning capacity, independence with life skills, day-to-day enjoyment, and overall dignity.
- Author BiographyDr. Dennis H. Reid has worked in service provision for adults with autism and other severe disabilities for over 40 years, and has published numerous journal articles and book chapters on selected aspects of adult services. Most relevant for this proposal, he has published several investigative reports on how to identify, validate, increase, and maintain meaningful activities for adults with autism and other severe disabilities in center-based and supported work settings, including in the Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, Research in Developmental Disabilities, and Behavior Analysis in Practice. Marsha Parsons has worked for 35 years teaching and directing educational and vocational day services in schools and residential programs for individuals with intellectual disabilities and autism. She has co-authored over 50 refereed journal articles as well as book chapters, manuals and 7 books and curricula aimed at enhancing the skills of practitioners in the field of developmental and related disabilities. She has received awards for her work from the North Carolina chapters of both the Association for Behavior Analysis, and the American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. In 2015 she received the Order of the Long Leaf Pine Award from the Office of the Governor of North Carolina in recognition of her service and contributions. Ms. Parsons currently works as a Senior Consultant with the Carolina Behavior Analysis and Support Center.
- Author(s)Dennis H. Reid,Marsha B. Parsons
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication05/08/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleCritical Specialties in Treating Autism and Other Behavioral Challenges
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight180 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.