All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionConcise and easy to read, Quality Management in Construction Projects presents key information on how to approach quality assurance for construction projects. Containing quick reference tables and a wealth of figures, the book presents valuable quality related data and guidelines. It provides coverage that spans from the inception of a project through issuance of a completion certificate. Go the extra distance and become the consummate professional: * Learn about different types of contract deliverable systems * Explore important points to be considered while developing detail design and shop drawing * Plan for major activities during construction process * Create design review checklists * Anticipate costs involved with quality * Understand reasons why an executed work may be rejected * Develop ways to assess your quality efforts In addition to covering standard procedures and concepts, the author introduces and discusses a wide range of-the-state-of-the-art-tools and approaches that professionals can use to develop an Integrated Quality Management System most suitable for their specific project. These include Six Sigma, TRIZ, and Total Quality Management, as well ISO 9000, ISO 14000 Environmental Management System, and OHSAS 18000 This information will also prove valuable for cutting-edge instructors who wish to provide engineering/management students with in-depth kwledge about current practices and familiarize them with the vernacular used in discussing quality assurance practices within the construction industry. Dr. Abdul Razzak Rumane's work in Quality Management in Construction Projects has earned him a mination for ASQ's Philip B. Crosby Medal. This award is presented to the individual who has authored a distinguished book contributing significantly to the extension of the philosophy and application of the principles, methods, or techniques of quality management.
- Author BiographyAbdul Razzak Rumane is a certified consultant engineer in electrical engineering. He received his Ph.D. form Kennedy Western University, USA in 2005. His professional career exceeds 37 years, covering 10 years in the manufacturing industries and 25 in construction projects. He is a fellow of the Institution of Engineers (India) and has Honorary Fellowship of Chartered Management Association (Hong Kong). He was awarded an Honorary Doctorate in Engineering by the Yorker International University.
- Author(s)Abdul Razzak Rumane
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication16/11/2010
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitleSystems Innovation Book Series
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 20
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note164 black & white illustrations, 40 black & white tables
- Weight793 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.