All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is designed to address the phemen of quality of life (QOL) as a central focus of public health. The complexity that involves the subject has aroused interest in various areas of kwledge, even though there is a consensus that the concept of QOL is subjective and transdisciplinary. This work has been organized following a demand that stimulates a discussion between areas, which tries to understand health and education as key factors to establish a freer and automous society. Additionally, it seeks to promote QOL in the perspective of better life quality in the context of public health. Therefore, this book presents and discusses theories around the theme QOL and its different facets. Its complexity is approached by different perspectives that will enable the reader to have contact with a transdisciplinary work about one of the most relevant topics to human health. In addition, we will present models of interventions carried out in Brazil to promote health focused on improving the perception of QOL in different population groups. We believe that these experiences can greatly contribute to the formation of healthcare academicians and also to the development of similar and much-needed strategies throughout the world.
- Author BiographyErika da Silva Maciel has a full degree in Physical Education from the Methodist University of Piracicaba (2001) with specialization in Physical Activity and Quality of Life at the State University of Campinas (2003) and Master in Food Science and Technology from the University of Sao Paulo (2006). PhD in quality food at scene- USP. Pos doctor by the Department of Agribusiness, food and nutrition (USP-ESALQ). Currently is a researcher the doctoral post in the Medical School Sciences from University of Sao Paulo (USP) and Professor Associate at CEULP / ULBRA. Institutional coordinator of PIBID- CAPES. His main area of research is Public Health, studying the nutritional status, physical activity level, and quality of life of groups and health promotion, food consumption, lifestyle, physical activity.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byErika Da Silva Maciel,Jaqueline Girnos Sonati
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.