All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collective volume on quality of work in the European Union offers a comprehensive analysis on the current situation of the tensions between work and welfare in Europe, with a special emphasis on employment-related issues. The volume tackles a crucial aspect of employment policies, namely the strengthening of the quality dimension in the decisions taken by policy-makers to foster the performance of the labour market and to combine this orientation with the demands of workers for welfare, protection and a better reconciliation of work and family life. Quality of work has been on the agenda of policy-makers, practitioners and academics for the last few years, promoting a wide debate. The book provides a contribution to this debate and takes into consideration a range of issues associated with the analysis of work quality from an invative perspective. Relevant subtopics including a conceptual and political analysis of work quality, wage differentials and in-work poverty, gender issues or workers' direct and indirect representation in the firm and its relation with work quality are addressed.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Ana M. Guillen is Professor of Sociology at the University of Oviedo (Spain). She is an internationally recognized expert on comparative social policy. She acts as a consultant to the European Commission and the International Labour Organization. Currently she is co-coordinator of Strand 3 (Tensions between Quality and Quantity of Jobs) of the RECWOWE Network of Excellence (2006-2011). Svenn-Age Dahl is Deputy Director at the Department of Research Management at the University of Bergen. His research and publications concentrate on social insurance, health and labour market issues. Until July 2008 he was co-coordinator of Strand 3 (Tensions between Quality and Quantity of Jobs) of the RECWOWE Network of Excellence (2006-2011).
- PublisherEuropean Interuniversity Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2009
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleTravail et Societe / Work and Society
- Series Part/Volume Number67
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintEuropean Interuniversity Press
- Content Note11, 11 ill.
- Weight350 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byAna M. Guillen,Svenn-Age Dahl
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.