All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.48
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $43.67Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $21.54Trending at AU $28.01
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.88
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an inadvertent book, though it did arise naturally eugh from a course I give in theoretical ecology. But I wouldn't have given the course at all if one colleague in my department hadn't left for a leave of absence, while ather abruptly resigned. This propelled me to the fore where this teaching responsibility was concerned, one I had never had any intention of discharging. Then it turned out that one of my students was regularly unable to make half the classes. As a result, I began giving him my lecture tes each week. As I knew that someone else would be reading them, I began to write my tes more carefully. Naturally eugh, the other students soon began to demand the tes too. Eventually they were indulged. Thus I found myself writing a textbook manuscript. By the next year, the students were handed all their tes in one package at the outset. But these were still just hand-written. Inevitably, the demand that they be typed arose. This I didn't want to do until I found a publisher. As it turned out, Tim Hardwick of Croom Helm was willing to have his firm fill this role, to my great satisfaction ** * and his considerable frustration. I have been a desultory author about producing this final text, and can only express my gratitude for his enduring patience over more than 18 months of delays.
- Author(s)M. R. Rose
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/06/1987
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight293 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1987
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.