All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a comprehensive and advanced overview of the basic theory of thermal remote sensing and its application in hydrology, agriculture, and forestry. Specifically, the book highlights the main theory, assumptions, advantages, drawbacks, and perspectives of these methods for the retrieval and validation of surface temperature/emissivity and evapotranspiration from thermal infrared remote sensing. It will be an especially valuable resource for students, researchers, experts, and decision-makers whose interest focuses on the retrieval and validation of surface temperature/emissivity, the estimation and validation of evapotranspiration at satellite pixel scale, and the application of thermal remote sensing. Both Prof. Huajun Tang and Prof. Zhao-Liang Li work at the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (CAAS), China.
- Author BiographyDr. Huajun Tang is a research professor and vice president of the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (CAAS), Beijing. He received his B.S. (1982) in agronomy from South-west Agricultural University, China, and M.S. (1987), Ph.D. (1993) with greatest distinction in Physical Land Resources from University of Ghent, Belgium. His research areas include remote sensing and GIS applications, land use and crop modeling. Over the last decades, he has served as a consultant to a number of governmental agencies, nonprofit organizations and companies including World Bank, FAO, UNESCAP. He has published more than 100 papers in international and Chinese scientific journals and has received a number of scien-tech innovation awards and honors including the corresponding member of Belgian Royal Academy of Overseas Science, President of the Chinese Society of Agricultural Resources and Regional Planning. Dr. Zhao-Liang Li received the Ph.D. degree in physics of terrestrial environment-remote sensing from University of Strasbourg, France, in 1990. Since 1992, he has been a research scientist (Directeur de Recherche from 2011) at CNRS, France. He joined the Institute of Agricultural Resources and Regional Planning, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences in 2013. He has participated in many national and international projects such as NASA-funded MODIS, EC-funded program EAGLE, and ESA funded programs SPECTRA, etc. His main expertise fields are in thermal infrared radiometry, parameterization of land surface processes at large scale, scaling change, as well as in the assimilation of satellite data to land surface models. He has published more than 100 papers in international refereed journals.
- Author(s)Huajun Tang,Zhao-Liang Li
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication23/08/2016
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Series TitleSpringer Remote Sensing/Photogrammetry
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note43 black & white illustrations, 39 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight468 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2014
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.