All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionPresents a comprehensive introduction to analysing quantitative linguistic data. Starting with an definition of quantitative data, and how it differs from qualitative data, Seb Rasinger examines what the student linguist is trying to find out through analysing data, and how quantitative techniques can help arrive at meaningful and accurate conclusions. This expanded, 2nd edition w also includes a discussion of Analysis of Variance (ANOVA) and MANOVA, and provides a brief introduction to statistical meta-analysis. A companion website allows readers to download crib sheets and Excel templates for the main statistical tools. The book introduces: -using statistics -variables -reliability of data -describing data -analysing data -testing hypotheses -dealing with problematic data. Each chapter includes graphs and figures explaining theory through worked examples, chapter summaries, and exercises to aid student understanding. An appendix containing a summary of statistical formulae, excel commands and statistical tables is included and is an invaluable resource. Presenting a down-to-earth and readable introduction to quantitative research, this book is a useful how-to guide for students encountering quantitative data for the first time, or for postgraduates embarking on linguistic research projects.
- Author BiographySebastian M. Rasinger is Senior Lecturer in Applied Linguistics and English Language at Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge, UK.
- Author(s)Sebastian M. Rasinger
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication05/12/2013
- Series TitleResearch Methods in Linguistics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.