All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionA self-contained treatment of the fundamentals of quantum computing This clear, practical book takes quantum computing out of the realm of theoretical physics and teaches the fundamentals of the field to students and professionals who have t had training in quantum computing or quantum information theory, including computer scientists, programmers, electrical engineers, mathematicians, physics students, and chemists. The author cuts through the conventions of typical jargon-laden physics books and instead presents the material through his unique how-to approach and friendly, conversational style. Readers will learn how to carry out calculations with explicit details and will gain a fundamental grasp of: Quantum mechanics Quantum computation Teleportation Quantum cryptography Entanglement Quantum algorithms Error correction A number of worked examples are included so readers can see how quantum computing is done with their own eyes, while answers to similar end-of-chapter problems are provided for readers to check their own work as they learn to master the information. Ideal for professionals and graduate-level students alike, Quantum Computing Explained delivers the fundamentals of quantum computing readers need to be able to understand current research papers and go on to study more advanced quantum texts.
- Author BiographyDavid McMahon currently consults as a Researcher at Sandia National Labs, where he is responsible for research in applied quantum mechanics and quantum information theory. He holds a master's degree in physics and an undergraduate degree in electrical engineering and mathematics.
- Author(s)David McMahon
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication04/01/2008
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight636 g
- Width163 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.