All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionQuantum mechanics provides the most accurate microscopic description of the world around us, yet the interface between quantum mechanics and biology is only w being explored. This book uses a combination of experiment and theory to examine areas of biology believed to be strongly influenced by manifestly quantum phemena. Covering subjects ranging from coherent energy transfer in photosynthetic light harvesting to spin coherence in the avian compass and the problem of molecular recognition in olfaction, the book is ideal for advanced undergraduate and graduate students in physics, biology and chemistry seeking to understand the applications of quantum mechanics to biology.
- Author BiographyMasoud Mohseni is a Senior Research Scientist at Google, where he develops novel machine learning algorithms that fundamentally rely on quantum dynamics. He has made significant contributions to quantum transport, quantum measurement and open quantum systems approaches to biology. Yasser Omar is Assistant Professor at the University of Lisbon and leads the Physics of Information Group at Instituto de Telecomunicacoes. His research is centered on quantum information theory, quantum transport, and their interface with biology. Gregory S. Engel is an Associate Professor at the Institute for Biophysical Dynamics and the James Franck Institute at the University of Chicago. His group is working on creating synthetic mimics of biological systems. Martin B. Plenio is Alexander von Humboldt Professor and Director of the Institute of Theoretical Physics, Ulm University. His main contributions are in the fields of quantum information, quantum optics, and the development of the theory of quantum effects in biology.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication07/08/2014
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note26 b/w illus. 69 colour illus.
- Weight1010 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byGregory S. Engel,Martin B. Plenio,Masoud Mohseni,Yasser Omar
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.