All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionQuantum physics has been highly successful for more than 90 years. Nevertheless, a rigorous construction of interacting quantum field theory is still missing. Moreover, it is still unclear how to combine quantum physics and general relativity in a unified physical theory. Attacking these challenging problems of contemporary physics requires highly advanced mathematical methods as well as radically new physical concepts. This book presents different physical ideas and mathematical approaches in this direction. It contains a carefully selected cross-section of lectures which took place in autumn 2014 at the sixth conference Quantum Mathematical Physics - A Bridge between Mathematics and Physics in Regensburg, Germany. In the tradition of the other proceedings covering this series of conferences, a special feature of this book is the exposition of a wide variety of approaches, with the intention to facilitate a comparison. The book is mainly addressed to mathematicians and physicists who are interested in fundamental questions of mathematical physics. It allows the reader to obtain a broad and up-to-date overview of a fascinating active research area.
- Author BiographyFelix Finster Professor of Mathematics at the University of Regensburg working mainly on mathematical problems in general relativity and quantum theory. Jurgen Tolksdorf is Privatdozent in Mathematics at the Max-Planck-Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences in Leipzig. Eberhard Zeidler was Director at the Max-Planck-Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences in Leipzig and is Honorary Professor of Mathematics at the University of Leipzig.
- PublisherBirkhauser Verlag AG
- Date of Publication24/02/2016
- Place of PublicationBasel
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintBirkhauser Verlag AG
- Content Note18 black & white illustrations, 20 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight955 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byChristian Roken,Felix Finster,Johannes Kleiner,Jurgen Tolksdorf
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.