All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.37
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
About this product
- DescriptionExplaining the concepts of quantum mechanics and quantum field theory in a precise mathematical language, this textbook is an ideal introduction for graduate students in mathematics, helping to prepare them for further studies in quantum physics. The textbook covers topics that are central to quantum physics: n-relativistic quantum mechanics, quantum statistical mechanics, relativistic quantum mechanics and quantum field theory. There is also background material on analysis, classical mechanics, relativity and probability. Each topic is explored through a statement of basic principles followed by simple examples. Around 100 problems throughout the textbook help readers develop their understanding.
- Author BiographyJonathan Dimock is Professor of Mathematics, SUNY, Buffalo. He has carried out research in various areas of mathematical physics, including constructive quantum field theory, quantum field theory on manifolds, renormalization group methods and string theory.
- Author(s)Jonathan Dimock
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication03/02/2011
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note101 exercises
- Weight690 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.