All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStrongly recommended by the American Journal of Physics, this volume serves as a text for advanced undergraduates and graduate students of physics as well as a reference for professionals. Clear in its presentation and scrupulous in its attention to detail, the treatment originally appeared in a two-volume French edition. This convenient single-volume translation begins with formalism and its interpretation, starting with the origins of quantum theory and examinations of matter waves and the Schrodinger equation, one-dimensional quantized systems, the uncertainty relations, and the mathematical framework and physical content of formalism. The second half opens with an exploration of symmetries and invariance, including a consideration of angular momentum, identical particles and the Pauli exclusion principle, invariance and conservation laws, and time reversal. Methods of approximation include those involving stationary perturbations, the equation of motion, variational method, and collision theory. The final chapters review the elements of relativistic quantum mechanics, and each of the two volumes concludes with useful appendixes. Reprint of the John Wiley & Sons, New York, two-volume 1958 edition.
- Author(s)Albert Messiah
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication31/01/2014
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleDover Books on Physics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight1157 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine53 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.