All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.22
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.74
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.72
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.26
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $49.56Trending at AU $56.21
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume contains the Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Study Institute Quantum Optics and Experimental General Relativity which was held in Bad Windsheim, Federal Republic of Germany, from August 16 to 29, 1981. At first glance, one might wonder why a meeting should cover these two topics, and a good bit of quantum measurement theory as well, all of which seem to be completely unrelated. The key to what one may call this grand unification lies in the effort, underway in a number of laboratories around the world, to detect gravitational radiation. Present research is pursuing the development of two types of detectors: laser interferometers and resonant bar detectors. Be- cause the signals that one is trying to measure are so weak the quan- tum mechanical nature of the detectors comes into play. The analy- sis of the effects which result from this is facilitated by the use of techniques which have been developed in quantum optics over the years. This analysis also forces one to confront certain issues in the quantum theory of measurement. The laser interferometer detectors, using as they do light, are clearly within the realm of subjects usually considered by quantum optics. For example, the analysis of the ise present in such a de- tector can make use of the many techniques which have been developed in quantum optics.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication13/10/2011
- Series TitleNATO Science Series B
- Series Part/Volume Number94
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, bibliography
- Weight1340 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byMarian O. Scully,Pierre Meystre
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.