All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionThis Brief presents steps towards elaborating a new interpretation of quantum mechanics based on a specific version of Lukasiewicz infinite-valued logic. It begins with a short survey of main interpretations of quantum mechanics already proposed, as well as various models of many-valued logics and previous attempts to apply them for the description of quantum phemena. The prospective many-valued interpretation of quantum mechanics is soundly based on a theorem concerning the isomorphic representation of Birkhoff-von Neumann quantum logic in the form of a special Lukasiewicz infinite-valued logic endowed with partially defined conjunctions and disjunctions.
- Author BiographyJaroslaw Pykacz, born 1952, studied physics and mathematics at the University of Gdansk and received his PhD in theoretical physics in 1980. He was one of the founding fathers of the International Quantum Structures Association and served as its President in the years 2008 - 2010. He published about 50 papers on logico-philosophic foundations and application of fuzzy sets in quantum mechanics.
- Author(s)Jaroslaw Pykacz
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication20/06/2015
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Physics
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Notebiography
- Weight134 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine4 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.