All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $37.05Trending at AU $39.70
About this product
- DescriptionIn a complex field, this work is a first. The authors make an important connection between the conduction electrons and the Fermi surface in an elementary manner in the text. No currently available text explains this connection. They do this by deriving Newtonian equations of motion for the Bloch electron and diagonalizing the inverse mass (symmetric) tensor. The authors plan to follow up this book with a second, more advanced book on superconductivity and the Quantum Hall Effect.
- Author BiographyShigeji Fujita is Professor of Physics at State University of New York at Buffalo and has published 3 books with the Springer family since 1996. His areas of expertise include statistical physics, solid and liquid state physics, superconductivity and Quantum Hall Effect theory. Kei Ito is also a Professor of Physics at the State University of New York at Buffalo, while on leave from the National Center for University Entrance Examinations in Tokyo, Japan.
- Author(s)Keiichi R. Ito,Shigeji Fujita
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication02/11/2007
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note80 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white tables, biography
- Weight553 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.