Quasi-optical Control of Intense Microwave Transmission: Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Research Workshop on Quasi-optical Control of Intense Microwave Transmission Nizhny Novgorod, Russia 17 - 20 February 2004 by Springer-Verlag New York Inc. (Hardback, 2005)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBetween February 17 and 20, 2004, approximately fifty scientists from ten countries came together at the Institute of Applied Physics (IAP), Nizhny Novgorod, Russia to participate in a NATO sponsored Advanced Research Workshop whose appellation is re flected in the title of this volume, namely Quasi Optical Control of Intense Microwave Transmission. The fashionable label quasi optical has come into use in recent decades to dete structures whose characteristic dimensions exceed (sometimes by large factors) the free space radiation wavelength. Such structures were and are developed to replace the traditional single eigenmode ones in situations when high frequenc ies (short wavelengths) are combined with high powers, a combination that could otherwise lead to RF breakdown and high Ohmic wall heating rates. Treatments of guided wave propagation in oversized structures is aimed at pr eserving the propagating field coherence and thus to provide efficient transmission of RF power to remote destinations such as antennas, microwave ovens, plasma chemical reactors, nuclear fusion machines, and the like.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication22/12/2005
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Series TitleNATO Science Series II
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 203
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight752 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJay L. Hirshfield,Michael I. Petelin
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.70Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.