All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $89.29Trending at AU $101.91
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.56
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.65
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.91
- AU $5.95Trending at AU $6.02
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.71
- AU $11.83Trending at AU $17.52
About this product
- DescriptionCan you say hello in nine languages? You can! Join children from around the world as they play, sing, and travel, trying all types of food and experiencing other traditions. Living respectfully and peacefully with one ather, they celebrate diversity, see how their actions affect ather person's experience, and come to understand that being global means being a citizen of the world.
- Author BiographyRana DiOrio, was born in Providence, RI and grew up in a colorful Italian-American family. Her curiosity about the world began in kindergarten, while studying Western access to China and, obviously, panda bears. As a political science major/psychology minor in college, and then as a law student, she became fascinated with understanding perspective, and how just about any person, place, thing, or situation can be interpreted in so many valid ways. I believe that I have two ears, two eyes and one mouth intentionally, so I listen and observe more than I talk, she explains. As a result, I think I m better able to respect and appreciate diversity. Rana s inspiration for writing What Does It Mean To Be Global? was the election of President Barack Obama and explaining its significance, on so many levels, to her children. Rana has written her way through life as a student, a lawyer, an investment banker, a private equity investor, and now as an author and publisher of children s picture books. Her interests include practicing yoga, reading non-fiction, dreaming, effecting positive change, and, of course, being global, green, and present. She lives in Tiburon, California with her three Little Pickles.
- Author(s)Rana DiOrio
- PublisherLittle Pickle Press LLC
- Date of Publication04/12/2009
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle Pickle Press LLC
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight371 g
- Width254 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
- Interest AgeFrom 4
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.