All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.26
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.64
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.56
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $11.84
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.69
About this product
- DescriptionOn the prairies of Canada during World War II, a girl and her two young siblings begin a war of their own. Stricken with tuberculosis, they are admitted to a nearby sanatorium. Teenager Marie Claire is headstrong, angry, and full of stubborn pride. In a new strange land of TB exiles she must chase the cure, seek privacy where there is ne, and witness the slow wasting decline of others. But in this moving vel about fighting a way back to rmal life, it is the thing that sets back Marie Claire the most--the demise of her little brother--that also connects her with the person who will be instrumental in helping her recover.
- Author BiographyMARTHA BROOKS was raised in southwestern Manitoba, near the U.S. border, in a medical family on the grounds of a tuberculosis sanatorium. She lives in Winnepeg, Canada.
- Author(s)Martha Brooks
- PublisherFarrar Straus Giroux
- Date of Publication02/08/2011
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFarrar Straus Giroux
- Weight340 g
- Width148 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.