All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionThis book on Gems has a thesis or a 'backbone' which elicits the title 'Queer Mythologies'. Pam Gems has written over 25 plays, and has t had adequate detailed analysis of her plays to date. She is a popular playwright produced often at the West End and has a widespread appeal by being on the pulse of cultural icology. Gems writes strong central characters for both male and female actors, and often writes almost cinematically, with time shifts in a n-linear narrativization. Her characters are metaphors for contemporary women and men and she often 'herstoricizes', thus righting the balance of dramatic history by creating parts for women in British drama. Her dramaturgy brings to the mainstream theatre the identities and subcultures of class, race, ethnicity, gender and sexuality making her plays queer mythologies.
- Author BiographyDimple Godiwala is Senior Lecturer at York St John College (University of Leeds).
- Author(s)Dimple Godiwala
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication01/01/2006
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Content Noteport.
- Weight272 g
- Width173 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.