All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionQueer Studies: An Interdisciplinary Reader is a collection of essays that over the past decade have helped to establish sexuality as one of the most vital and important areas of study in both the humanities and social sciences. Accessible as well as broadly interdisciplinary, the volume functions as a primary text for introductory as well as advanced courses in gender and sexuality studies, as a general introduction to the field, and as a scholarly resource. Queer Studies covers the full range of issues, problems, and controversies in this still emerging field, including sexual politics, cultural constructions of sexuality, transnationalism, race and class, community, sexual citizenship, and the nation-state. An introductory essay written by the editors provides a comprehensive map to this new field, as well as a context for pivotal scholarship that promotes dialogue across the humanities and the social sciences and the interdisciplinary fields of queer studies and women's studies.
- Author BiographyRobert J. Corber is Associate Professor of American Studies and Lesbian and Gay Studies at Trinity College, Hartford. He is author of In the Name of National Security: Hitchcock, Homophobia, and the Political Construction of Gender in Postwar America (1993) and Homosexuality in Cold War America: Resistance and the Crisis of Masculinity (1997). Stephen Valocchi is Professor and Chair of the Department of Sociology at Trinity College, Hartford. He has published widely on the welfare state and on social movements in the United States, in particular the gay liberation movement. His essays have appeared in Social Problems, Sociological Perspectives, and Critical Sociology.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication20/12/2002
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight634 g
- Width174 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byRobert J. Corber,Stephen Valocchi
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.