All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen the first edition of Queering the Pitch was published in early 1994, it was immediately hailed as a landmark and defining work in the new field of Gay Musicology. In light of the explosion of Gay Musicology since 1994, a new edition of Queering the Pitch is timely and needed. In this new work, the editors are including a landmark essay by Philip Brett on Gay Musicology, its history and scope. The essay itself has become a cause celebre, and this will be its first full appearance in print. Along with this new historical essay, the editors are contributing a new introduction that outlines the changes that have occurred over the last decade as Gay Musicology has grown.
- Author BiographyLiz Wood has taught Gay and Lesbian Studies at Sarah Lawrence College and as a adjunct at other colleges and universities. Gary C. Thomas is Professor of Cultural Studies and Comparative Literature at the University of Minnesota.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/10/2006
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white tables, 18 black & white line drawings
- Weight566 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byElizabeth Wood,Gary C. Thomas,Phillip Brett
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.67
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.43
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.