All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionObject Lessons is a series of short, beautifully designed books about the hidden lives of ordinary things. Questionnaires are everywhere: we fill them out at doctors' offices and at job interviews, to express ourselves and to advance kwledge, to find love and to kill time. But where did they come from, and why have they proliferated? Evan Kindley's Questionnaire investigates the history of the form as form, from the Victorian confession album to the BuzzFeed quiz. By asking questions about the questions we ask ourselves, Kindley uncovers surprising connections between literature and science, psychology and business, and journalism and surveillance. Object Lessons is published in partnership with an essay series in The Atlantic.
- Author BiographyEvan Kindley is Senior Editor at the Los Angeles Review of Books and Visiting Instructor in the Literature Department at Claremont McKenna College, USA. He has published essays and reviews in n+1, the London Review of Books, Dissent, Bookforum, the New Republic, and the Los Angeles Times.
- Author(s)Dr. Evan Kindley
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Date of Publication28/07/2016
- Series TitleObject Lessons
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic USA
- Weight160 g
- Width120 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $5.72Trending at AU $8.52
- AU $70.49Trending at AU $79.52
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.57Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.