Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionWhat does 'supporting the school' really mean? What can a staff goverr take part in? How can we deal with a misbehaving goverr? Do LEA goverrs have to toe a party line? Should a new head opt to be a goverr? Do we have to give the head an annual pay rise? In this collection of articles originally printed in her well-kwn weekly 'Agenda' advice column in the Times Educational Supplement, Joan Sallis tackles these and many other questions with the humour, humanity and candour for which she is rewned. She defines boundaries, clarifies the representative role of school goverrs, offers guidance on relations between the head and the governing body, and the principles, procedures and skills that underpin successful team-building, sound decision-making, and hourable behaviour among all those groups which make up the school community. This collection is an essential complement to the best-selling Basics for School goverrs. It includes a concise summary of new regulations (made under the Education Act 2002) which came out in the summer of 2003, and which could significantly change the way governing bodies work. Not only school goverrs, head teachers and parents, but anyone who has to manage difficult 'people situations', in any context, will gain valuable insights from the range of experience and wisdom concentrated within these pages.
- Author BiographyJoan Sallis has been a governor of her local comprehensive school for many years. In her role as the national president of the Campaign for State Education and as a consultant working with and on behalf of school governors, she believes passionately that a more equal partnership between schools and their users offers the only hope for better funded and respected state education. In 1996 she was awarded the OBE for services to education.
- Author(s)Joan Sallis
- PublisherNetwork Educational Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2004
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationStafford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNetwork Educational Press Ltd
- Weight218 g
- Width157 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.