All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile there are almost 1000 questions in the Greek New Testament, many commentators, pastors, and students skip over the questions for more 'theological' verses or worse they convert questions into statements to mine them for what they are saying theologically. However, this is t the way questions in the Greek New Testament work, and it overlooks the rhetorical importance of questions and how they were used in the ancient world. Questions and Rhetoric in the Greek New Testament is a helpful and thorough examination of questions in the Greek New Testament, seen from the standpoint of grammatical, semantic, and linguistic analysis, with special emphasis on their rhetorical effects. It includes charts, tools, and lists that explain and categorize the almost 1000 questions in the Greek New Testament. Thus, the user is able to go to the section in the book dealing with the type of question they are studying and find the exegetical parameters needed to understand that question. Questions and Rhetoric in the Greek New Testament offers vibrant examples of all the major categories of questions to aid the reader in grasping how questions work in the Greek New Testament. Special emphasis is given to the way questions persuade and influence readers of the Greek New Testament.
- Author BiographyDouglas Estes is Assistant Professor of New Testament and Practical Theology and DMin Program Director at South University-Columbia. He received his PhD in Theology from the University of Nottingham, UK, and completed a Post Doc at the Dominican Biblical Institute. He has written or edited six books, as well as numerous essays, articles and reviews. He has served as an adjunct professor at Phoenix Seminary and Western Seminary, and has sixteen years of pastoral ministry experience.
- Author(s)Douglas Estes
- Date of Publication03/12/2015
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight688 g
- Width157 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.