All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.33
About this product
- DescriptionAnthropology today seems to shy away from the big, comparative questions that ordinary people in many societies find compelling. Questions of Anthropology brings these issues back to the centre of anthropological concerns.Individual essays explore birth, death and sexuality, puzzles about the relationship between science and religion, questions about the nature of ritual, work, political leadership and gecide, and our personal fears and desires, from the quest to control the future and to find one's 'true' identity to the fear of being alone. Each essay starts with a question posed by individual ethgraphic experience and then goes on to frame this question in a broader, comparative context. Written in an engaging and accessible style, Questions of Anthropology presents an exciting introduction to the purpose and value of Anthropology today.
- Author BiographyRita Astuti is co-author of Constraints On Conceptual Development. Jonathan Parry is author of Death in Banaras. Charles Stafford is author of Separation and Reunion in Modern China. All the editors teach Anthropology at the London School of Economics.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/07/2007
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleLSE Monographs on Social Anthropology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 76
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerg Publishers
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight478 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byCharles Stafford,Jonathan Parry,Rita Astuti
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.