Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis study of 17th-century paintings - allegories, portraits, still lifes and genre paintings - recognizes the subject matter as more than a purely visual one and examines the works as a cultural manifestation, examining themes and motifs that are included in the works. De Jongh explores visual traditions, prints, emblems, writings and folklore and through a realization that there are limits to the interpretation of visual representations, he also employs methodological and theoretical issues. De Jongh wrote these essays over a period of 25 years. All these articles have w been revised. The introduction has been rewritten especially for this anthology and many new illustrations have been added.
- Author(s)E. de Jongh,E.De Jongh
- PublisherBrepols N.V.
- Date of Publication22/09/2000
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintHarvey Miller Publishers
- Content Note282 illustrations
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Translated byMichael Hoyle
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.