All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPacked with creative exercises and practical tips, this book will help you breathe life and expression into your urban sketches. In a time when most people have a camera or smartphone to hand at all times, the question of why we sketch is ever more relevant. A sketch cant capture a scene with perfect accuracy - instead, it is about something more. We sketch to capture an impression, record a feeling, create a personal interpretation; sketching is an act of personal expression. Whether you want to sketch to capture fleeting moments, experiences or locations in time, or to record impressions that you can return to and build on later, this book will show you how. The aim of the book is to encourage you to create quick, animated drawings that are full of life and expression. Whether you are looking to discover your own sketching style, or to build on your existing kwledge, this book is packed with quick exercises to get you thinking, theory to build up your kwledge base, and beautiful artworks to inspire you.The book is divided into seven lessons: tools, colour, composition, bringing a sketch to life, urban life, landscapes and human subjects - each contains learning objectives and tips to hone your technique. Decide how strong or detailed to make your linework; when to use pencil or ink; how much colour to use, and where; how to successfully compose an image and use perspective to bring it to life; how to use contrast; how to incorporate detail; how to sketch landscapes, urban features and human subjects. It is when we bring together all these different elements of an urban scene that our sketches come to life.
- Author BiographyKlaus Meier-Pauken was born in 1952. He studied architecture and worked as an architect and urban planner from 1983 until 1992. He has worked at Cologne University of Applied Sciences since 1992, and also teaches perspective and freehand drawing at the FFI in Cologne. His works have been shown in multiple exhibitions.
- Author(s)Klaus Meier-Pauken
- PublisherSearch Press Ltd
- Date of Publication15/11/2016
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationTunbridge Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSearch Press Ltd
- Content Note80 Colour Illustrations
- Weight288 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $18.22Trending at AU $21.79
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.13
- AU $43.40Trending at AU $47.84
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $36.64
- AU $43.28Trending at AU $48.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.