All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn QUICK QUESTION John Ashbery extends an invitation to readers to accompany him into the extraordinary worlds of the everyday, experienced through the box of tricks that is language. He revels in twist and transformation, the constant mutability of words and things: 'Whatever stops playing is the enemy of the incomplete'. He can stop us in our tracks with the accuracy of his perception: 'Somewhere in America someone is trying to figure out / how to pay for this'. Aware of the paradoxes of his own writing, he teases us with questions: 'Is it all doggerel and folderol?' 'Would I lie to you?' Either way, his invitation is irresistible: come in, see what happens.
- Author BiographyJOHN ASHBERY was born in Rochester, New York, and educated at Harvard and Columbia. He is the author of more than twenty books of poetry. He is the recipient of many honours, including the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award and a MacArthur 'genius' award. The French government appointed Ashbery as both Chevalier des Arts et des Lettres and Officier de la Legion d'honneur.
- Author(s)John Ashbery
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication31/01/2013
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarcanet Press Ltd
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine10 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.