All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew York is the city that never sleeps, but many visitors to the Big Apple want to enjoy its quiet side - to discover places off the beaten track, to explore enticing small museums or enjoy peaceful gardens. Busy New Yorkers often look for places to relax and recuperate - to find somewhere to have coffee and cake or a restful spot to unwind, away from the hustle and bustle. Covering all five boroughs, this is a guide to over 120 quiet places to meet, drink, dine, sleep, read or wander. There are evocative photographs and a short description for each location, including travel, access and contact details. Quiet New York reveals the hidden, tranquil places in one of the world's liveliest cities.
- Author BiographySIOBHAN WALL is a writer and artist. She has worked as a senior lecturer, teaching photography, cultural studies, video production and fine art for over ten years at universities in London and Oxford. Her artwork has been exhibited alongside Paula Rego and at the Whitechapel Art Gallery and ICA in London. She is the author of Quiet London, Quiet Amsterdam and Quiet Paris. She lives Amsterdam.
- Author(s)Siobhan Wall
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication03/04/2014
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Content Note150 colour and b/w photographs
- Weight249 g
- Width162 mm
- Height162 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.