All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $95.49
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.36
About this product
- DescriptionSince the early nineteenth century women have been using their fabric collections to make quilts, often using thousands of pieces in a single quilt. These feats of perseverance and art were newsworth and in towns across the United States they caught the attention of the local press, which recognized the women and their work. This book gathers these newspaper accounts of industrious needlework into a chronicle of the work. Arranged chrologically, the reports are accompanied by detailed photographs of quilts made during the same time period. This visual record of the antique quilts make it clear how painstaking and beautiful was the quiltmaker's work, and why it attracted attention. Aficionados of women's history, textile history and quilt history will gain valuable insights into the quiltmakers' dedication to their minute work, and the esteem in which their communities held them. Quilt historians and all who cherish the art of the quilt will gain a new understanding of the quilts and the people who made them.
- Author BiographySue Reich began her love of quilting as a child at her grandmothers farmhouse in Northwestern Pennsylvania. Her interests expanded to historic documentation, appraising, lecturing and judging of quilts. As a nationally recognized author of six quilt history books, and the curator and keeper of focused quilt exhibits, Sue travels widely sharing her quilt research and knowledge.
- Author(s)Sue Reich
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication15/11/2006
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note206 color photos
- Weight700 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.