All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.31
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.21
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $7.80Trending at AU $8.37
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.49
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.25
About this product
- DescriptionThe Quincy the Horse Books, for K-4, help children learn about relationships. The third book, Quincy and Buck, focuses on bullying. In his new adventure, Quincy wants to try trail riding in the desert but he is worried because he kws there are Surprises waiting for horses out on the trail. His main fear is the wild animals he might meet. Then when Quincy has a chance to go on his first trail ride, the real challenge comes from the horse he chooses for a trail buddy. Buck, an experienced horse Quincy hopes will guide him, turns out to be a bully. The detailed and realistic portrayal of the day's ride will interest and inform K-2 readers and also engage 3rd and 4th graders. The illustrations take kids into the desert of the Southwest with its array of wild animals and breath taking scenery, where horses and motorbikes share the same trails. For the young reader, Quincy's story clearly defines a bully and the associated danger while providing a comforting ending. For the older reader it explores the more complex issues of coping with adversity and how courage evolves. Quincy and Buck provides a framework for a dialogue between young children and those who want to empower them.
- Author BiographyCamille Matthews is a licensed clinical social worker, an avid equestrian, and is certified in the field of equine-assisted psychotherapy. She established the Pathfinder Program, one of the first equine-assisted mental health programs in New Mexico. She lives in Mohrsville, Pennsylvania. Michelle Black is a painter and horse trainer. She lives in La Plata, New Mexico.
- Author(s)Camille Matthews
- PublisherPathfinder Equine Publications
- Date of Publication15/03/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleQuincy the Horse Books
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPathfinder Equine Publications
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width206 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Michelle Black
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.