Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionQuintessence Sky continues where the events of Quintessence (Tor Books, 2013) left off. At the edge of the flat Earth, a strange fire in the sky burns, altering the balance of the elements and threatening all life on Horizon Island. Matthew Marcheford experiments to determine the cause, while the growing animosity of the manticores and the arrival of more ships from Europe jeopardize the colony's fragile peace. When Matthew's fiancee, Catherine Parris, is betrayed and abandoned deep underground, the secrets she uncovers there may be Horizon's last hope. King Philip of Spain, determined to control quintessence, hires a Jesuit priest named Ramos de Tavera. Ramos unlocks secrets that would give Philip the power to conquer the world, but he hesitates, kwing the king's ambition and brutality. Instead, he seeks the advice of Princess Elizabeth, imprisoned in the Tower, and his faith in church and country begins to falter. To protect his family from the king's wrath, Ramos must work together with Matthew and Catherine across thousands of miles to rescue Elizabeth and save the Horizon colony from destruction.
- Author BiographyDavid Walton is the author of Quintessence (Tor Books, 2013) and the Philip K. Dick award-winning novel Terminal Mind. He lives near Philadelphia with his wife, seven children, and three hamsters. By day, he works on classified defense technology, which not even the hamsters are allowed to know about. Since he doesn't actually have time to write, he trained the hamsters to do it for him, with a combination of Morse clicks on their drinking bottle and cleverly-arranged pellets. David's fiction explores themes that skirt the edges of science and religion, such as human origins, the nature of truth, the certainty of death, and the nature of the soul.
- Author(s)David Walton
- Date of Publication26/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight531 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.