Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.76
About this product
- DescriptionIn cosmology and physics, Quintessence is a hypothetical energy field that accounts for Dark Energy and is also formulated to provide an explanation for the observation that our universe is experiencing an accelerating rate of expansion. This 'dark energy field' functions as a form of 'anti-gravity' which is the source of the force that causes our universe to accelerate as it expands. Some physicists go so far as to label this new dynamic energy density field as a fifth fundamental force. It is the latest attempt to deal with the 'cosmological constant' that was postulated by Einstein in 1917 to determine a static universe. Since our universe is expanding at an accelerating rate, as confirmed by numerous observations since 1997, the cosmological constant is therefore n-zero. The dynamic energy field termed quintessence is the current replacement for the zero cosmological constant factor, thus contributing a negative pressure term in Einstein''s Field Equation. Approximately 68% of the mass-energy density of our universe is attributed to dark energy. The introduction of a dynamic energy field attributed to dark energy is the basis for the current cosmological model kwn as the Lambda-CDM model. This book is designed to be a general overview of the topic and provide you with the structured kwledge to familiarize yourself with the topic at the most affordable price possible. The level of discussion is that of Wikipedia. The accuracy and kwledge is of an international viewpoint as the edited articles represent the inputs of many kwledgeable individuals and some of the most currently available general kwledge on the topic, based on the date of publication.
- Author BiographyThe editor has degrees in Engineering Physics & Nuclear Engineering from the University of Michigan and is an Engineer & Former Intelligence Officer for the CIA & US Intelligence Community and was President of an award-winning Defense Contracting Company. He has authored several books, edited numerous books and has written many Technical, Classified & Unclassified papers, Articles & Essays. He has also been a Contributing Author for The International Encyclopedia on Intelligence and Counter-Intelligence and written several award-winning software manuals that have been sold in more than a dozen countries. He has also appeared in Marquis Who's Who in the World & Who's Who in Science & Engineering and continues to edit and write.
- Author(s)Edited by Paul F Kisak
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication21/06/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight735 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.