All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is intended to serve as a textbook for a course in Representation Theory of Algebras at the beginning graduate level. The text has two parts. In Part I, the theory is studied in an elementary way using quivers and their representations. This is a very hands-on approach and requires only basic kwledge of linear algebra. The main tool for describing the representation theory of a finite-dimensional algebra is its Auslander-Reiten quiver, and the text introduces these quivers as early as possible. Part II then uses the language of algebras and modules to build on the material developed before. The equivalence of the two approaches is proved in the text. The last chapter gives a proof of Gabriel's Theorem. The language of category theory is developed along the way as needed.
- Author BiographyRalf Schiffler is a Professor in the Department of Mathematics at the University of Connecticut.
- Author(s)Ralf Schiffler
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication05/09/2014
- Series TitleCMS Books in Mathematics
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note357 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight532 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $23.24
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.