Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis book focuses on what was arguably the finest aircraft piston engine ever produced - the Pratt & Whitney R-2800. It was an engine that was put together with the invaluable help of those who were actually there at the drawing boards, in the test cells and at the test flights. The R-2800 was constantly updated with design, manufacturing and ease of maintenance improvements. R-2800: Pratt & Whitney's Dependable Masterpiece provides a background of Pratt & Whitney, and delves into the design challenges faced by its engineers when building the R-2800; answering questions like: How did the airframe designers mount the engine? What kind of exhaust system was employed? How was the intercooler supplied with cooling air? This book examines the piston powered aircraft that helped lead a nation to victory in war, and the men and women whose hard work and dedication made it possible. Contents include: Why Radials? Pratt & Whitney History and Background R-2800 Development Model Types & Specifications Carburetors Propellers Installations Military Applications Commercial Applications Helicopters Operating, Service Difficulties and Overhaul Racing The Futu
- Author(s)Graham White
- PublisherSAE International
- Date of Publication01/01/2001
- SubjectTransport Technology
- Place of PublicationWarrendale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAE International
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.), ports.
- Weight1905 g
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.