All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive guide dealing in detail with every imaginable aspect associated with the design, modification and construction of radio-controlled sports model aircraft powered by internal combustion or electric motors. The text helps the modeller who has built one or two kit model aircraft to progress from simple modifications to the creation of unique designs. The author deals with basic materials, essential aerodynamic considerations, the various constructional methods, the wide range of model configurations and size as well as a broad choice of power plants. The book finishes with tips on drawing plans, getting them published and safely completing the early test flights.
- Author BiographyAlex Weiss has been aeromodelling for half a century and has built more than fifty radio-controlled models of which 28 were original designs and 14 were published in RCM&E or Radio Modeller magazines. As well as monoplanes and a biplane, the list includes an autogyro, canards and deltas. He has also written magazine articles on subjects as diverse as four stroke engines and flutter. The author first went solo in a Chipmunk with his University Air Squadron at Tangmere and his early adult life was spent as an RAF pilot, flying Jet Provosts, Vampires and Hunters, including three years as a qualified flying instructor. Much of his professional experience has been dedicated to the complex subject of teaching people to fly radio controlled models.
- Author(s)Alex Weiss
- PublisherSpecial Interest Model Books
- Date of Publication21/03/1998
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationHemel Hempstead
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpecial Interest Model Books
- Content Note107 black and white photographs; 219 scale plans and line drawings; 12 cartoons
- Weight431 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.