All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.68Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionR&D Investment and Impact in the Global Construction Industry brings together contributions from leading industry researchers in a diverse group of countries to investigate the role of research and development (R&D) in the construction industry. Investment in R&D is a proven factor in ecomic growth, and helps develop a more productive and invative industry. This book explores how policy makers and industry leaders can better target future investment; and how industry and researchers can manage their efforts to improve productivity whilst addressing the environmental and social needs of their communities. Case studies present projects where R&D ideas funded by both the private and public sectors have been translated from research into practice or policy, and examine drivers, successes and barriers to the delivery of R&D in industry. Based on research from members of the CIB Task Group 85 (R&D Investment and Impact) and concluding with key insights for maximising the impact of R&D in the future, the book holds valuable lessons for practitioners, policy makers and researchers across the international construction industry.
- Author BiographyKeith Hampson Over the past 20 years Keith has made a notable contribution to building collaborative innovation networks between industry and research globally. He is committed to crafting a more effective construction industry by promoting better education, applied technology and innovative practices. Keith serves as CEO of the SBEnrc (and previously the Australian Cooperative Research Centre (CRC) for Construction Innovation) and Coordinator of the CIB Task Group 85. Judy Kraatz Judy is an Architect with a Doctorate in urban development. Career highlights include being a design architect, leading multi-disciplinary teams delivering city-wide solutions, and integrating sustainability into curriculum and practice. Judy is currently a Senior Research Fellow with the SBEnrc, and Coordinator of the CIB Task Group 85. Adriana Sanchez Adriana's experience focuses mostly on sustainable water and transport infrastructure management. Special areas of interest include procurement, risk management and translating policy into tangible outcomes. She has a Masters in sustainable resource management, conducted research on four continents, and is currently the Commission Secretary for the CIB Task Group 85.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/06/2014
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note46 black & white illustrations, 32 black & white tables
- Weight680 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAdriana X. Sanchez,Judy A. Kraatz,Keith Hampson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.