All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBioengineer Peter Bernhardt has dedicated his life to natechlogy, the science of manipulating matter on the atomic scale. As the founder of Biogineers, he is on the cusp of revolutionizing brain therapies with microscopic narobots that will make certain degenerative diseases a thing of the past. But after his research is stolen by an unkwn enemy, seventy thousand people die in Las Vegas in one abominable moment. No one is more horrified than Peter, as this catastrophe sets in motion events that will forever change t only his life but also the course of human evolution. Peter's company is torn from his grasp as the public clamors for his blood. Desperate, he turns to an old friend, who introduces him to the Phoenix Club, a cabal of the most powerful men in the world. To make himself more valuable to his new colleagues, Peter infuses his brain with experimental techlogy, exponentially upgrading his mental prowess and transforming him irrevocably. As he's exposed to unimaginable wealth and influence, Peter's sense of reality begins to unravel. Do the club members want to help him, or do they just want to claim his techlogy? What will they do to him once they have their prize? And while he's already evolved beyond mere humanity, is he advanced eugh to take on such formidable enemies and win?
- Author BiographyPJ Manney writes the same way she lives-with an abiding passion for exploring new, exhilarating, and utterly unique experiences. A devotedly positive futurist, she was on the board of directors of Humanity+, an international nonprofit organization that advocates the ethical use of technology to expand human capabilities. PJ has also been active in communications, public relations, and film production. To date, she has written numerous scripts for television pilots, as well as worked on shows such as Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and Xena: Warrior Princess. She has lived as far afield as New York and New Zealand, and loves delving into the cultural landscape of wherever she finds herself. Whenever she's not working on her novels, she continues to expound on her perspective of a technology-driven posthumanity while encouraging hopeful visions of the future. She lives with her husband of twenty-five years and their two children.
- Author(s)P. J. Manney
- PublisherAmazon Publishing
- Date of Publication01/06/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitlePhoenix Horizon
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationSeattle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight590 g
- Width140 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine36 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.12
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $28.54Trending at AU $30.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.